META: RACC on Tumblr

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Jun 22 19:44:02 PDT 2012

On 6/22/2012 7:04 PM, Adrian J. McClure wrote:
> On Jun 22, 8:11 pm, Scott Eiler<sei... at eilertech.com>  wrote:
>> I bet you picked your name just so I could get an e-mail saying,
>> "creepingmonsterism is now following you".  Eek!
>
> The name actually comes from the first ever letters page from the
> Fantastic Four comic. (http://dailyfantastic.tumblr.com/post/
> 23854314794/32-ff-3-im-not-going-to-do-this-very-often) Someone who I
> guess didn't write comics wrote in to complain about Marvel's
> "creeping monsterism," a turn of phrase inspired by 50s Jean
> Shephard's essay about "creeping meatballism." When I came across that
> I knew it was the perfect name for a blog of some sort.
>
> Also, the Powernaut's ask box seems to be broken, I fear.

Try it now.  I reproduced your error, but it seems much better now.
Good thing.  One of the best things about the Powernaut is Talk Back to
the Powernaut!  And thanks for troubleshooting.

Tumblr neglected to tell me until now that I had to expect any sort of
confirmation e-mail from them.  The spam filter of Eiler Technical
Enterprises *often* defeats unexpected e-mail.   I did check it, and it
did tell me creepingmonsterism was following me.  But by then the
confirmation e-mail was lost.

> Adrian (comics fandom basically never changes, does it?)

Basically yeah, you're right.

Let's take a look, if you will, at the Second Amendment of the
Constitution, which protects every American's right to shoot another
American.  This cherished constitutional right to shoot people and make
them dead is currently recognized in all fifty states, most recently
Florida.

- The Borowitz Report
(http://www.borowitzreport.com/2012/03/29/an-argument-against-healthcare/),
March 2012.