META: RACC on Tumblr

Adrian J. McClure mrfantastic7 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 19:04:13 PDT 2012

On Jun 22, 8:11 pm, Scott Eiler <sei... at eilertech.com> wrote:
> I bet you picked your name just so I could get an e-mail saying,
> "creepingmonsterism is now following you".  Eek!

The name actually comes from the first ever letters page from the
Fantastic Four comic. (http://dailyfantastic.tumblr.com/post/
23854314794/32-ff-3-im-not-going-to-do-this-very-often) Someone who I
guess didn't write comics wrote in to complain about Marvel's
"creeping monsterism," a turn of phrase inspired by 50s Jean
Shephard's essay about "creeping meatballism." When I came across that
I knew it was the perfect name for a blog of some sort.

Also, the Powernaut's ask box seems to be broken, I fear.

Adrian (comics fandom basically never changes, does it?)