MISC: One Day at a Time: The Chronicles of Mike Kittyman #23: How Do Names Work?

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Feb 24 21:12:15 PST 2012

On 2/24/2012 6:27 PM, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Scott Eiler<seiler at eilertech.com>  writes:
>> On 2/23/2012 6:37 PM, Adrian J. McClure wrote:
>
>>> I seem to be the only person on Earth who's never played Skyrim at
>>> this point.
>
>> I would seem to be the only one who doesn't know what Skyrim is.
>
> It's a first-person fantasy RPG video game, the latest in the
> long-standing Elder Scrolls series.  Available for at least PC and Xbox
> 360, and I suspect for PS3 as well (I haven't checked, as I'm an Xbox 360
> person).
>
> The Elder Scrolls series has a reputation for being huge, immersive, and
> filled with enough content for a good hundred hours of gameplay.  The
> world also has a coherent history and mythology that long-time players of
> the whole series really enjoy digging into.

Thanks, Russ.  Now, there must be someone left on Earth who doesn't
*want* to know what Skyrim is.  8{D>

Turns out I'm an anally-fixated oedipal paranoid with
south-of-the-border schizophrenic delusions...  But never mind, I've
found me the ideal job.  I'm going to run for President!

- Major Honey, scripted by Grant Morrison (that's *Mister* Morrison to
you), Doom Patrol #46, August 1991.