SW10/HCC: Powernaut 2005 #1 through #3: Who Is The Powernaut?

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sun Apr 29 17:06:08 PDT 2012

On 4/28/2012 11:44 PM, Martin Phipps wrote:
> On Apr 29, 12:42 pm, Andrew Perron<pwer... at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On Sun, 29 Apr 2012 04:28:44 +0000 (UTC), Martin Phipps wrote:
>>> Isn't that just "non-linear time"?  I mean, Powernaut is a teenager in
>>> 1955 and an adult in 1954.  So, presumably, the Powernaut from 1955
>>> goes back in time and joins the army in 1941 and then goes to Venus in
>>> 1955.  No problem, except that he obviously can't remember being from
>>> 1955 when he is fighting Hitler in 1941 because then he would already
>>> know the outcome of the war.  Oh, the headaches!
>>
>> ...well, no.  You're oversimplifying it.
>
> I am?

Yes and no.  You've come up with a good explanation for the Adventures
of PowerTeen.  That probably *was* the explanation in the 1950s.  But it
doesn't explain how the Powernaut got into a Mars rocket in 1962 but
nobody in 2005 knows about it.  The Powernaut's time is indeed
non-linear, but it also seems to cross universes.  Which is exactly as I
intended.

> I recall something Richard Feynman said "[If] I couldn't reduce it to
> the freshman level [then] that means we really don't understand it."
>
 > I Googled and I found a similar quote from Einstein: "“If you can't
 > explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough".

If I can draw it in a comic book panel and then explain it in a text
page, I hope it's simple enough for Doctors Einstein and Feynman.  If
not, oh well.

> Apply that criteria to fractal time and you see that we don't really
> understand.  Which in turn means it doesn't make a lot of sense.

heh heh.  I didn't *mean* it to make sense.  If *everything* already
made sense, there'd be nothing left for science to discover.

Let's take a look, if you will, at the Second Amendment of the
Constitution, which protects every American's right to shoot another
American.  This cherished constitutional right to shoot people and make
them dead is currently recognized in all fifty states, most recently
Florida.

- The Borowitz Report
(http://www.borowitzreport.com/2012/03/29/an-argument-against-healthcare/),
March 2012.