LNH20: Bite-Size Tales of the LNH v20 #6: "Playing Koi"

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 08:45:05 PDT 2012

On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 03:18:46 +0000 (UTC), Adrian J. McClure wrote:

> On Apr 10, 1:22 pm, Andrew Perron <pwer... at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Bite-Size Tales of the LNH v20 #6:
>> "Playing Koi"
>
> Heh, I only just got the pun in the title.

Yeah, can you tell I came up with that last?

>> Kid Enthusiastic nodded. "Good job!  Okay, Adam, hit me with a
>> translation spell!"
>>
>> Professor Penumbra wiggled his fingers.  Kid Enthusiastic took the
>> microphone and hit the button to extend speakers on the outside of the
>> sub, because of course it had one of those, don't be silly.
>
> It occurs to me that I tend to think of Professor Penumbra as using
> material components for most of his spells, usually some kind of
> seemingly ordinary object that's been magiced up and/or is more than
> it seems. Maybe he prepared this spell before.

I figured as much; from the way Kid E phrased it, it sounded like he knew
the Prof would have one ready.

>> The horned vampire put her hands on her hips and stared up at the sub
>> defiantly. "I am Princess Caramella!  You humans are cuttling in on
>> things that don't cod-cern you, and you're doing it on porpoise!"
>
> I love/hate all those puns.

Mwahahahaha. <3 Puns are the best, for serious.

> This story was a lot of fun. It's good to have more non-stereotypical,
> non-angsty vampires out there, as well as superhero stories that don't
> necessarily revolve around fighting.

Indeed!  Diplomatic solutions = best solutions.

> AJM (Also, wat exactly do the underwater vampires feed on?)

Well, I know the descriptions of their mouths are vague, but I had intended
for them to resemble squid suckers.  So I figure they latch onto blue
whales en masse and feed.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, also the inspiration for "Abyssal".