META/LNH: And what was your favorite SW10 year?

Adrian J. McClure mrfantastic7 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 20:18:44 PDT 2012

I've started reading the early SW stuff. It's... interesting. I kind
of like the half-baked self-insertion dreams/fantasies--I have things
like that too, although mine are naturally a lot more elaborate.
Unfrotunately, I can never remember my dreams a lot of the time, and
most of my dreams are actually about buying books and comics or doing
schoolwork. I don't dream about elaborate alternate histories, that's
for sure.

The early Ellipsis stories I found pretty much unreadable due to the
RTF formatting, and they didn't have the goofy anything-goes charm of
the Me in the Marvel Universe stuff. I'll probably have to skip them
in the archive-binging and go directly to Escalation.

At what point did SW turn from fanfic into original fic? Was there
some sort of Crisis or were the fanfic elements just dropped? Is Wyatt
Ferguson's evil twin Scum Death still out there?

AJM (also reading the early ASH--the background is interesting, but
I'm having trouble telling the characters apart at this point)