LNH/META: To Reboot or Not to Reboot....

EDMLite robrogers72 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 09:50:18 PDT 2011

On Oct 26, 5:02 pm, Arthur Spitzer <arspit... at earthlink.net> wrote:
>  >The reasons are: when is the last time we got a new writer?

>  >I think I'm not the last but the, well, last but one. For the LNH to
>  >survive as a concept it needs both new writers and new readers.

I'd love to know how Mitchell Crouch discovered the group.  I think
he may be the youngest writer we've had in quite a while...

> The LNH was cool back in the 90s
> because there was not much else to do on the internet.

It also appealed to people who were both interested in comics
AND technologically-savvy enough to get all of the jokes and
references to computers and the Internet.  That was always
going to be a fairly small subset...

>  >And it's intimidating for writers because there's all these characters
>  >that are important for this or that reason and that you just can't use
>  >(either because they're reserved or because you're terrified you'll
>  >get them wrong and the ghost of wReam will come in the night and give
>  >you a wedgie.

I think Andrew has gone a long way toward addressing this problem
by updating the LNH Wiki.  But it's still pretty intimidating.  When
started writing for the LNH, I was able to get most of the background
information I needed by printing out the FAQ and roster.

It also helped that there were a few core titles at the time --
Martin's
LNH, Jeff McCoskey's LNH Triple Play and Ken Schmidt's LNH
Comics Presents -- that came out fairly regularly and gave me a
good sense what the LNH was all about and whom the major
players were.

> Arthur "On the singing USENET ship..." Spitzer

I knew there was a reason I should keep the speakers
on my computer turned on...

--Rob Rogers
--Does not mean "turned on" in the Rule 34 sense