LNH/META: To Reboot or Not to Reboot....

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 11:21:38 PDT 2011

On Oct 27, 12:50 pm, EDMLite <robroger... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 26, 5:02 pm, Arthur Spitzer <arspit... at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> >  >The reasons are: when is the last time we got a new writer?
> >  >I think I'm not the last but the, well, last but one. For the LNH to
> >  >survive as a concept it needs both new writers and new readers.
>
> I'd love to know how Mitchell Crouch discovered the group.  I think
> he may be the youngest writer we've had in quite a while...

Seriously. Tarq, y'there?

> > The LNH was cool back in the 90s
> > because there was not much else to do on the internet.
>
> It also appealed to people who were both interested in comics
> AND technologically-savvy enough to get all of the jokes and
> references to computers and the Internet.  That was always
> going to be a fairly small subset...

It's true.  Though, to be fair, it's a subset that's much bigger than
it used to be.

> >  >And it's intimidating for writers because there's all these characters
> >  >that are important for this or that reason and that you just can't use
> >  >(either because they're reserved or because you're terrified you'll
> >  >get them wrong and the ghost of wReam will come in the night and give
> >  >you a wedgie.
>
> I think Andrew has gone a long way toward addressing this problem
> by updating the LNH Wiki.

Woo!  Curation, baby!

> But it's still pretty intimidating.  When I
> started writing for the LNH, I was able to get most of the background
> information I needed by printing out the FAQ and roster.

Honestly, I think I'm going to start including wiki links with every
story I write that uses pre-established characters.

> It also helped that there were a few core titles at the time --
> Martin's
> LNH, Jeff McCoskey's LNH Triple Play and Ken Schmidt's LNH
> Comics Presents -- that came out fairly regularly and gave me a
> good sense what the LNH was all about and whom the major
> players were.

Well, we do have LNH v2 and LNHCP.

> I knew there was a reason I should keep the speakers
> on my computer turned on...
>
> --Rob Rogers
> --Does not mean "turned on" in the Rule 34 sense

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, what will Moaning Lass's betrayal
mean to the future of Earth-34!?