LNH/META: Event for 20th Anniversary?

Arthur Spitzer arspitzer at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 26 18:25:21 PDT 2011

On 10/25/11 8:34 PM, EDMLite wrote:
> On Oct 25, 4:56 pm, Arthur Spitzer<arspit... at earthlink.net>  wrote:
>> And since I can't resist throwing ideas out there, here's a possible
>> one.  I think it was Ted Brock that suggested a long time ago about
>> reducing the number of LNH members to 20 (or something like that).  So,
>> how about Congress passing some law that says a superhero team has to
>> have no more and no less than 20 members...
>
> I like the idea of a writing event to celebrate the LNH's 20th
> anniversary.
>
> I think that Ted/Arthur's idea could work, although I might recommend
> against the Congressional angle, as I think the "Superhuman
> Registration
> Act" arc pretty well covered that ground..

Also had an idea about an LNH made up of LNH'rs from each year... taken
from the timestream.... 1992 to 2011...

But...

> And here are a few ideas of my own...
>
> What about our own version of the DC 52, with 20 #1 issues of
> re-imagined LNH titles?
>
> Or a story that imagined what the LNH would be like if it formed
> today?  (Who would the members be?  What threats would it face?)

This seems to be the direction everyone is headed...

> Or, conversely, what would the LNH look like today if the stories
> took place in real time, without a sliding time scale?  Who would
> be left, and how would the membership have aged?

I tend to think of them in their late 30s already..

> Or... three words... "OMAHA PROJECT II"

Yes!  Yes!!  YES!!!!  Oh, wait.. no now that I've thought about it.  :)

> ...just kidding...
>
> --Rob Rogers
> --Really ought to have done more
> with the last two decades

Arthur "How about Elecrocutioner's Album instead?" Spitzer