LNHX: Manga Man #1: LNHX Origins #3

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 17:07:27 PST 2011

On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 10:52:52 +0000 (UTC), Martin Phipps wrote:

>   So here's the deal.  All I had to do was grab the Legion of
> Net.Heroes while they were making a scheduled public appearance.  The
> boss gave me these people tow work with, two women and two men, named
> Amnesia, Angst, Apathy and Anger.  He called them "The Four Horsemen
> of Procrastination".

Hmmmm, so we're mixing in Apocalypse aspects here.  I see!

> You see, Amnesia caused people to forget what they are
> doing, who they are with, where they are, why they are there and how
> they even got there. Angst, on the other hand, makes you remember everything.
> Apathy, on the other hand, will cause you to stop caring... about anything.
> Meanwhile, Anger will make everything important,
> every single detail, and all of it will be the fault of whoever
> happens to be a convenient target to lay the blame on.

Ooooooh.  That's honestly some really good theme-ing there.

>   "You don't remember me, do you?" I said.  "We served together in
> iRaq.  Oh, but wait," I pointed to my full face mask, "I wasn't
> wearing this back then."  I smiled under my mask.  "Not that it
> matters.  You wouldn't remember your own mother as long as Amnesia has
> her power over you."

...wait, with Manga Man?  Hmmmmmm. (By the way, I assume the first-person
narrator here is Manga Man; he never actually says his own name.)

> Amnesia based on Amnesia created by Jeff Barnes
> Angst based on Angst created by Jeff Barnes
> Apathy based on Super Apathy Lad created by ag392 of yfn.ysu.edu

Was Anger based on anyone?

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, we didn't start the fire...