LNH/Meta: Reboot Redux

Martin Phipps martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 6 01:03:35 PST 2011

On Nov 6, 1:04 pm, Martin Phipps <martinphip... at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Can you guys somehow make each of the teams somehow representative of
> their eras?  I mean, the LNH was representative of its era: all the
> place names had dots in them as if the places were newsgroups
> (Net.ropolis, Sig.cago, etc.).  You don't have to go do a lot of
> research to determine what sort of references would be appropriate for
> the 60s and 80s because I, for one, wouldn't get the jokes anyway but
> surely for the modern era there should be some reference to the modern
> era.  Maybe you can have a hero named the Twitter who can relay
> information instantly but is limited to sending messages of length no
> more than  200 characters.  Or a hero named Google who can perform
> searches quickly and always find what he is looking for.

Actually, Google can be an excellent Deus-Ex-Machima character.

"We need to find the villain's lair!  What can we do?"

"We can use Google to search!"

"Excellent idea!  Google!"

"Yes, boss?"

"We need to find the villain's lair."

"Okay.  I'm searching.  One result found.  He's in the abandoned
warehouse district."

Martin "not writing this" Phipps