META: Real life RACC/LNH Con in 2012?

Saxon Brenton saxonbrenton at hotmail.com
Tue May 10 22:03:37 PDT 2011

On Tues 10/May/2011 Arthur asked:
>>> 5) When should this RACC Con take place?
>>
>> Probably some time mid year in 2012.  I'm guessing that would be
>> summer break time for a lot of people.  Personally it would fall in
>> the winter mid-year of the university year, which would make getting
>> leave a little easier.
>
> What months are winter break?
>
> I'm sure I could do any weekend in June, July, August...

{checks University calendar for 2012}  Winter break for UTS is July in
2012.  I'd say that since things slow down a lot at the end of semester
that any time in June-July would be an obvious easy time to get rec
leave, but with enough advance warning I could wrangle almost any date
except Feb-March, when things are usually insane.

And for what it's worth, I have no particular preference for locations.
Been to both LA and San Fran in my early teens during a family vacation
to the West Coast and Hawaii (fond but faded memories of SF in general,
fond memories of Disneyland in particular), haven't done San Diego yet.

---
Saxon Brenton