[MV] The Super Wizard From Space #8

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Tue May 17 23:33:41 PDT 2011

On Mon, 16 May 2011 00:03:09 +0000 (UTC), Wil Alambre wrote:

> Andrew Perron wrote:

<snip>
>> This is an excellent moment of characterization.
>
> I'm trying to follow a formula that I saw in Marvel's Punisher MAX
> series. There is only so much you can say or do with a character like
> the Super Wizard From Space, so instead you try focus on stories of
> those he interacts with instead. The title character is rarely the focus
> of any arc, allowing me to experimentally flesh others around him.

Makes a lot of sense.  That said, I'd like to know a bit more about the
Super Wizard, and why the heck he's doing this.

> I didn't do too much with the devil story, but I'm trying to add a bit
> more with this one, particularly Gavrilo. And I'll try to continue with
> future characters.

Gavrilo himself has the curse of "ineffectual" as his primary character
trait, but I like this trend.

>> Wooooooo!  Awesome!
>
> I'm having too much fun with the idea of space- were-bees, I admit it :P

Space-were-bees MADE OF LASERS

>> That's good.  A dollop of planning really smooths things out.
>
> I may lose some of the entertaining spontaneity of each issue, but I
> figure I'll gain in ongoing continuity instead. Or that's the plan
> anyway *crosses fingers*

I figure, as long as you add in a shot of unexpected ridiculous
making-shit-up in each issue, you'll be good.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, should really do that more.