SW10: December 2010 #5: Cauldron Book II Part 5 (of 7)

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 22:52:07 PDT 2011

On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 01:52:36 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:

> Andrew Perron wrote:

<snip>
>> This whole bit, I think, needs more detail and more polish.  "I knew I had
>> to move some more" should be something with more emotion to it, something
>> less offhand descriptive.  "I knew I had to get away before it came back
>> down", for instance, or "I knew I had to scamper out of the way".
>
> Duly noted.  I'll contemplate the wording.  But (1) the woman making that
> observation was in shock at the time; (2) chipmunks "scamper", Summer Morgan
> does not.

As to the former, I don't think she was writing it *while* having a truck
fall on her; as to the latter - fair. Just tossing out ideas, use whatever
fits your style.

I'm... that phrase needs more details! @-@

>>> "They knew about Brain2Web. Imperilus said he dug that thing out of her brain
>>> himself with his own pocket knife. But they must have had a real surgeon ready."
>>
>> ...does that mean he *didn't* do that?  I certainly hope so. @.x
>
> The USIB professional interrogator who was observing can confirm:  No, he didn't.

Ah, good.

>>>      * There's gang warfare up and down the west coast. Gang lords are blowing
>>> up buildings in Seattle... My mom is there. My kids are there, with my
>>> ex-husband. I wish I were back home.
>>
>> Ahhhh, keeping things hopping in the background, I see.  Very nice.
>
> Thanks.  I was afraid you'd accuse Summer of not paying more attention to where
> her relatives live before now.

Hey, she's been busy!  Worry about your relatives, sure, but worry about
the thing that's trying to rip your face off first.

>>> I'm bringing some reality merge concepts in, DC 1986 style. Otherwise it becomes
>>> too complicated to describe how my superhumans mostly come from one Earth and my
>>> humans come from another, thanks to a reality shift of 2005. (DC 1986 largely
>>> simplified their own story the same way after the Crisis on Infinite Earths,
>>> even though some DC 1985 stories after the Crisis had the heroes still being
>>> from different Earths.)
>>
>> Nuuurgh.  In my opinion, Crisis was a bad idea reasonably well-executed.
>
> I didn't actually have a Crisis.  It was more like Marvel's "House of M", only
> more permanent.

Ah, well, that's different, and far more reasonable.

> (snip the stunning inspiration of how wonderful Life is, based on the X-Men
> during Secret Wars II)
>> (Mind, I am aware of how cheesy this sounds.  But it works really well on
>> the page, due in large part to John Romita Jr.'s stunning mosaics.)
>
> It worked even better in color.  8{D>

Good point.  Mumble grumble.

> So be reassured.  Superhuman World is racking up quite the body count right now,
> but only one world's worth.

Excellent. u-u

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, mwahahahaaaa!