SW10/HCC: March 2011: The Perils of the Wolf-Woman!

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 12:43:19 PDT 2011

On Sun, 13 Mar 2011 03:27:55 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:

> WORLD JOURNAL MONTHLY
> March 6, 2011

Who's reporting this, anyway?

> A Government agent had cornered the Wolf-Woman.  The agent was named Jo - and
> code-named "Super Wolf".  But Jo had a secret.  Whenever she changed shape from
> human, it was only closer to her natural Sasquatch form!

Ahhhhhhhh, nice.

> The Unicorn likes virgins.  He collects *special* virgins.

Oh my.

> The Wolf-Woman may
> lactate to feed her wolf-children, but she's still a virgin!

...what?

> The Unicorn has always brought virgin Earth females into his dream realm to mate
> with them.  He has *almost* always killed them and their offspring so they will
> not be legend.

Interesting. O.o And fucked-up in an appropriately mythic way.

> The Unicorn and his children were posturing.  Jo the Sasquatch knew when
> creatures did that, because she knew humans.  So she knew what to do.

> Then the horned human lunged.  Jo smacked his horn aside easily. But then the
> horned sea creature struck!  Jo took a wound to her shoulder.  But she smacked
> the creature aside.

Both of these feel awkwardly phrased.

> The elders said to Jo, "He is just another who leads humans.  Your prey was lost
> to him already.  We do not win when we fight that.  We will someday know whether
> we lose."

Hmmmmm, yes.  Appropriate.

> I'm still publishing 2011 stories in plain text.

This one came out as an odd font on my newsreader, but I think that's its
own quirk, since it's still marked as text/plain.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, Saturn!