[MV] The Super Wizard From Space #16: The Tragedy Of Sharkasaurus Rex, Part 6

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Wed Jul 27 19:18:53 PDT 2011

On 7/27/2011 12:57 PM, Wil Alambre wrote:

> In the distance, on the craggy side somewhere, was a balcony with
> three other space-champions. Each of them the most powerful
> representatives of their respective super-civilizations. Each of them
> wearing one of the seven cosmic crowns, the most awesome artifacts in
> the known universe.
>
> And each of them had flatly refused to assist the Super Wizard From
> Space.

Ah, thanks for remembering they're here.  If they've sworn to eliminate
the Super Wizard, it's perfectly reasonable for them to sit this one out.

> "I have been humiliated, my little fishy friend. By guests and by
> beasts. Like a mule, stubbornly assisting and being taken advantage
> of. And though I religiously follow the wondrous practices of
> ultra-zen, as taught by my father and his father and his father
> before him, down the line of Dharma...
>
> "Even my great calm is being swallowed whole by your teacher."
> "Smile, you son of a bitch," spat out Brody Dharma as he flung the
> sphere.

Good explanation for the language.  I'll bet the Super Wizard's
super-coolness is wearing down a bit too.  I noticed him say "We're
gonna need..." last issue.

> A monsoon of black red blood erupted from the wound, painting the
> mountain and the mist and miles around. The corpse of Sharkasaurus
> Rex split evenly in two, and fell.

Sometimes it's good to end a story right at the climax.

> AUTHOR'S NOTES
>
> Another arc that went longer than originally estimated and the last
> issue ended up longer than my normal 1500 limit. But wrapped up now.

Congratulations on finishing the arc.  I bet next issue's gonna be exciting.

> I'm being a little lazy here, as I should give this another read
> through just for clarity and sound, but meh, this entire arc would
> benefit from a second or third draft as a whole. Maybe if I collect
> it up for etherbacks or epub release.

I hesitate to humbly intrude upon your mighty adventure with my tiny
quibble again, but when you come back for the edits, think:  He's,
she's, it's.  His, hers, its.  I think you could have written "its" all
through this issue and never gotten it wrong.