REVIEW: End of Month Reviews #83 - November 2010 [spoilers]

Saxon Brenton saxonbrenton at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 1 15:23:59 PST 2011

Andrew Perron replied on the list of stuff posted in November 2010:
> Digital JUMP! #6 should be in here, methinks. Even if it didn't show up in
> Eyrie.

You're right.  I'm currently putting the final touches on the Looniverse
Eligibles list for the RACCies (to be posted Real Soon Now) and I have
Digital Jump #6 as being posted on 27 Nov.

[On Maximum Frame urge WriMo Special]
> See, I thought this ending scene was actually *part* of the
> stroke/hallucination/whatever. It also seemed to be described in dreamy,
> somewhat disjointed terms.

{nods} I tried to take that into consideration.  Hence all my caveats
about understanding that nature of the thematic and literal links that 'it
was all a dream' brings into play.  But I'm afraid I must stand by my
initial assessment.  While the ending *works*, I still feel that it's
nowhere near as strong or interesting as the opening.

[On Cauldon #1-4]
> I tried to think of something to say about this, but came up empty. :/ It
> was perfectly competent, and in the same line as Scott's other stuff. Good
> job! ...that's all I got.

There is an element of that.  But also that entry was the last thing
written in the last few hours before the date at the Eyrie ticked over
from 31 Dec into Jan 2011.  (Why, yes, I do keep a rough track of when
it's midnight in the US, since many of the Statesian webcomics update at
their local midnight, usually in the Aus east coast mid-afternoon when I'm
still at work).  If I had given myself more time I could probably have
come up with some angle to discuss ("staring at the typewriter until your
forehead bleeds" is the phrase that Douglas Adams used, IIRC) but that
just wasn't possible in this case.

---
Saxon Brenton