MISC: One Day at a Time #7

James Mason mason.james.jamesmason at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 15:10:07 PST 2011

                  Chapter 7: The main guys! (And John.)

[ The cover shows the upper bodies of Bill, John and Alex in their
secret identities, standing in darkness.  Bill is in the middle,
looking straight at the camera and smiling.  He has brown hair and blue
eyes, and wears a white shirt.  John is to the left, with a neutral
expression.  His hair is white, but he's otherwise normal-looking.
Alex is to the right, with an open-mouthed smile.  She's blond, and
wears a dark blue hat and jacket with light blue trimming.  In the far
background, there's a brightly glowing ball, with a thunderbolt-shaped
line of light connecting to each character. ]

Bill: Ahh, time to relax.

John: Busy day?

Bill: Yep! Some guys tried to blow up the mall. Kicked their asses. Had
some help from this one person, but she was late for work.

John: Did she have any powers?

Bill: No, but she did suddenly turn into a slobbering moron. In a
literal sense.

John: Hmm. Let's find her.

Bill: *sigh* Okay, but after that, I'm talking the rest of the day off.

John: [summons his staff] Okay, now, can you give me a name, or
describe what she looks like?

Bill: Well, she did say her name was Alexander, and that her parents
loved her very much.

John: That will do. Also, *really*?

Bill: Yes.

John: Found her!

Mike: Let's go!

Announcer: Twenty minutes into the future!

SFX: *Knock Knock Knock*

Alex: Just a second! [opens the door] "KITTY!" :D *HUG*

Mike: Hey, did a mysterious voice talk to you in your head?

Alex: Mmmmmmmmm... [continues to hug]

Mike: [TO JOHN!] Yeah, I don't think I'll reach her in this form. [TO
ALEX!] Can we come in?

Alex: Kitty house... I mean yes!

Mike: Mind if I change?

Alex: But you don't have any other clothes with you!

Mike: I mean into my other form.

Alex: Awww... all right, but only for a little while!

Mike: Mmmm... deal. *HEN-SHIN!*

Bill: So, yeah, my actual name is Bill Smith.

Alex: Boring, but at least it's easy to pronounce.

Bill: Oh, come on, yours can't be that bad.

Alex: Alexander Bernadetteson.

Bill: ...Never mind.

John: At least your name isn't the same as a celebrity's.

Bill: It's probably not as bad as you think, if you ever told us what
it was.

John: Maybe when the world ends.

Alex: At least you'll be vindicated by history, then.

John: Yeah. Anyway, did you hear a voice that said "I can help you?"

Alex: Yeah, actually. By the way, thanks for leaving me in the mall.

Bill: I thought the cops would take care of you.

Alex: They just placed a note on my face that said "call us if you need
us". They didn't even leave a number.

Bill: I would assume it's 911.

Alex: It's still inconsiderate.

John: ANYWAY, the voice gave you powers, didn't it?

Alex: Was it supposed to? Because... *yawn* I... kind of... zzzzz...

John: Good thing we're all in chairs, because it would be awkward if
she fell asleep standing up.

Bill: Looks like a good idea, though. Zzzzzz...

John: Hey, don't fall asleep! You're my ride home!

Bill: ...slusheleila.. okuwefcl... use toraport... Pascal...

John: Teleport? Not sure if I can, and probably shouldn't risk it. So
nap time! Zzzzzz...