REVIEW: End of Month Reviews #83 - November 2010 [spoilers]

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 11:27:24 PST 2011

On Sat, 1 Jan 2011 02:54:01 +0000 (UTC), Saxon Brenton wrote:

> Also posted:
>      Anal-Retentive Archive Kid: A Judicious Use Of Overkill #1-10  [LNH/WRIMO]
>      A Return To The RACCCafe  [RACCCafe]
>      Godling #18  [MISC]
>      What Can A Cockroach Do?  [MISC/ACRA/CONTEST]  {HCC14}

Digital JUMP! #6 should be in here, methinks.  Even if it didn't show up in
Eyrie.

> Maximum Frame urge WriMo Special
> 'Dream Obliteration Apprenticeship'
> by Timm Munn

<snip>

>      And then he woke up.  In his car, with wife snuggled beside him.
> Now, okay, the story was written in a timeframe of three and a half hours.
> And strictly speaking the "and it had all been a dream" trope does create
> some linking narrative logic between everything that had gone before.
> But not enough for my taste.  It seems to me not to live up to the
> potential of the setup because it doesn't answer the questions: 'Is this
> dream an inspirational vision or a debilitating nightmare?' as well as 'Is
> there even any reality to it at all?'

See, I thought this ending scene was actually *part* of the
stroke/hallucination/whatever.  It also seemed to be described in dreamy,
somewhat disjointed terms.

> SW10: Cauldron #1-4
> A Superhuman World 2010 [SW10] and RACCoWrimo [WRIMO] limited series
> by Scott Eiler

I tried to think of something to say about this, but came up empty. :/ It
was perfectly competent, and in the same line as Scott's other stuff.  Good
job!  ...that's all I got.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, hrrrmf.