LNHY: Never Asked Questions about LNHY (updated)

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 11:27:32 PST 2011

On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 19:19:28 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:

> I'd guess most of the growth is spam.  Most of the groups I used to
> post to look like post-apocalyptic junkyards now.

I doubt it - spam moves with the people, after all.  Nobody's gonna bother
to spam a place with no eyeballs - there isn't any profit in it.

> In r.a.c.dc.universe and four other groups there's a discussion on the
> Fate of Usenet, including speculation on who's still around and where
> we post from.  http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.comics.dc.universe/browse_thread/thread/fecb87347a529e5a/

I note that the "cesspool barrier" he talks about doesn't exist on RACC.
We're not only moderated, but very polite.  I think the only big barrier
here is that the people who would most benefit from it don't know about it.

As for where I post from, currently I use a free Usenet server - Eternal
September - and 40tude Dialog to post with.  The latter's the closest thing
to the bygone Forte Free Agent that I've seen. (Forte Agent itself is still
around, but there's no free version.  Then again, I've finally broken down
and registered mIRC...)

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, woo~