MISC/HCC/JE: Journey into Procrastination #1

Adrian J. McClure lord_soldeed at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 17 10:42:07 PST 2011

On Dec 17, 12:14 pm, Tom Russell <joltc... at gmail.com> wrote:

> The Lester films (with Michael York)? They're essential, charming, and
> captivating.

I'll bet that was the one. It was when I was a kid, so I don't really
remember it that well, though I do remember enjoying it. It's on
Netflix Instant, so maybe I'll watch it when I have the time.

Looking through Netflix, there were really a ton of different
adaptations of the Three Musketeers. They're quite wide ranging:: The
Three Musketeers of the West, Barbie and the Three Musketeers, the Sex
Adventures of the Three Musketeers, Ring of the Musketeers (a movie
about a motorcycle gang descended from the original Three Musketeers
that stars Cheech Marin and David Hasslehoff).

Also, Tom, have you seen Hugo? I remember when they started talking
about film history the first thing that came to mind was that you in
particular would probably love it. The second thing that came to mind
is that it reminded me a lot of James Robinson's Starman--which I also
loved--in both subject matter and tone.