LNH20/Meta: the silver and bronze ages

Dave Van Domelen dvandom at eyrie.org
Sat Dec 3 12:17:17 PST 2011

In article <74r9dopr2nzm.1bih2dgdy931j$.dlg at 40tude.net>,
Andrew Perron  <pwerdna at gmail.com> wrote:
>On Fri, 2 Dec 2011 19:04:57 +0000 (UTC), Adrian James McClure wrote:
>
>> This is pretty neat. I do like Dvandom's history of Netropolis from
>> Acton Lord #0 too, though.
>
>Well, you can easily slide parts of that in, I think.

>> The Four Horseman of the ApocaLISP: Flamewar (effectively the LNH20
>> version of OMAR), Virus (the LNH20 version of Melissa), Lag (not
>> officially a new version of Lagneto), and Spam (a gigantic Validus-
>> like being made out of actual spam).
>
>Hmmmm.  I like the idea, but the names are bland. (Yeah, I know it's
>supposed to be like War, Death, Famile, and Pestilence, but without the
>resonance of that quartet, it doesn't quite work.) I'd go... Flamewar,
>Vector, L2, and... hmmm.  Something.

     War = Flamewar (obvious)
     Pestilence = Virus (also obvious)
     Famine = Lag/Latency (lack of nourishment)
     Death = Censorship (Biblical Death was given authority to destroy a
quarter of the Earth)

     But that's just their roles, not necessarily their names.  Even in the
Bible, the only Horseman explicitly named was Death.

     How about Flamewar, Vector, Latency and Cen-Zor the Obliterator?

     Dave Van Domelen, lightly snowed in.