LNH20/Meta: the silver and bronze ages

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 09:13:19 PST 2011

On Fri, 2 Dec 2011 19:04:57 +0000 (UTC), Adrian James McClure wrote:

> This is pretty neat. I do like Dvandom's history of Netropolis from
> Acton Lord #0 too, though.

Well, you can easily slide parts of that in, I think.

> On Dec 2, 1:45 pm, Andrew Perron <pwer... at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Dec 2, 4:56 am, Lalo Martins <lalo.mart... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> 1962: The Network investigates stories about a town that seems to
>>> occasionally pop up in various places in the US. They find the town, and
>>> its resident hero, Google.mesh, locked in a ages-spanning battle with the
>>> tyrant ApocaLISP. The (somewhat jaded) residents call it only The Village.
>
> The Four Horseman of the ApocaLISP: Flamewar (effectively the LNH20
> version of OMAR), Virus (the LNH20 version of Melissa), Lag (not
> officially a new version of Lagneto), and Spam (a gigantic Validus-
> like being made out of actual spam).

Hmmmm.  I like the idea, but the names are bland. (Yeah, I know it's
supposed to be like War, Death, Famile, and Pestilence, but without the
resonance of that quartet, it doesn't quite work.) I'd go... Flamewar,
Vector, L2, and... hmmm.  Something.

>> I think I would've put this a bit earlier, both to give the world more
>> time to adapt to it as the status quo and to reflect the beginning of
>> the Modern Age (whose beginning is disputed, but whose latest possible
>> beginning date has gotta be October 2000, with UItimate Spider-Man
>> #1).
>
> Could be as early as 1998, the year that saw WildCATS/Aliens (where
> the original Stormwatch died and its remnant formed the Authority),
> the first issue of Planetary, and the first issue of Saviors of the
> Net.

Honestly, I've always gone with 1997, and JLA #1.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, sees that as the end of the Dark Age.