LNH: Beige Midnight #6: The Bart Age: "The Ice Caverns of Existence"

Arthur Spitzer arspitzer at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 2 18:51:11 PDT 2010

Andrew Perron wrote:
> On Wed, 26 May 2010 01:43:26 +0000 (UTC), Arthur Spitzer wrote:

>> "Maybe, still keep looking.  And how about Manga Man?  Any progress on
>> that front?"
>>
>> Vector Sublime shook her head.  "Our team we sent to
>> alt.sex.prudish.prudish.prudes led by Demented Designer hasn't reported
>> yet."
>
> This reminds me: Do you have any specific plans for Manga Man?

Naw... I'm finished with him... I don't know if the rescue was
successful, but I assume if it was that Manga Man would probably sit out
the rest of Beige Midnight regardless....

>> "Sure.  So still want to do this?  Or do you want to save him?  Hey,
>> maybe you could also save me while you're at it!  Maybe I could be some
>> great hero?  What do you say to that??!"
>
> I'd make an Earth-3 Luthor joke, but I think of Infinite Crisis and I get
> sad.
>
>> "Pulls-Paper-Out-of-Hats Lad!  You!  The guy with the top hat!  No, not
>> you.  The other guy with the top hat.  Yeah, you!  I need you to do
>> something."
>
> Wait, who was the first guy?

I dunno... some guy with a top hat...

>> Kid Recap sighed to himself as he read the same paper and then turned
>> his head towards Contraption Man (who was actually a robot duplicate of
>> Contraption Man, but don't tell Kid Recap -- I mean really, there's only
>> so much a hero can take!)  "If we were to time travel to 1994 BC would
>> we still have enough Time Gas to get back to the Present?"
>
> Wait, couldn't they just go to 1994 on their way back to the present?  Is-
> is that how time travel works? @-@

I'm working on the assumption that it takes the same amount energy to
time jump no matter where you're going... whether it's 5 minutes or 10
million years...

I suppose time travel in the LNH works however the writer who's writing
the story wants it to work...

>> How's that for a heavily researched depiction of Australia?  :)
>
> Sounds about right to me! ``
>
>> Wow, did it take like 8 months for me to write this?  (Well more like 7
>> months to procrastinate and one month to write).  Uhhggggg.  I mostly
>> blame my hatred of my current writing ability for the lateness of
>> this... once I stopped caring about any sort of quality I did manage to
>> get this finished.
>
> If editing help is needed, I'd be glad to volunteer? ``

Thanks.. although I think part of me just wants to get this whole thing
done with as fast as I can now... errors and all... I guess I'll see if
I want to wait for editing help when I finish #7...

Glad you're enjoying this though....

>> Since we're in the 2010's (Teens?)... I guess we're now in the wallowing
>> on 90s nostalgia decade... so everything from the 90s is cool again.
>> Usenet, LNH, RACC... you name it... It's all hip.
>
> Indeed... which is why I'm doing my own Retcon Hour homage!  Woo!  Yes,
> Digital Jump Special #1 will be out sorta-kinda soon! (Or possibly #2, if
> #1 is the MST3K thing instead.  And I'll probably do DJ #6 first.  Or
> however the inspiration falls.)
>
> ...woo!

Cool.

> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, retcons ahoy-hoy~

Arthur "Death to Retcon Hour" Spitzer