RACCIES: Points To Be Made, Questions To Vote On!

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 07:43:41 PST 2010

Some may be wondering: now that it's December, why haven't the usual
preparations for the RACCies started, beginning with the posting of
the nomination ballot?

Well, I asked last year if there would be any problem in moving the
beginning of the nomination period to January, since the eligibility
period goes through the end of the year.  None dissented, so that's
how it's planned to work from now on: Nominations open from January
1st to January 31st, voting from February 1st to March 15th.  Any
problems with that schedule?

Lest ye be starving for the democratic process, however (insert
American political joke here), there are a few things that remain to
be decided.  First is a proposal I've been mulling over for a new
award.  The name would be something like Best Informational Piece.  It
would cover anything whose primary purpose is informing one about a
world or imprint, from FAQs and NAQs to stuff like "The Flagsuit Memo"
and, possibly, including things like "Mars and the Dark Age of
Superheroes".  Thus, two votes:

1.) Should we add a RACC20 award?

2.) If we do, what should its name be?  What would be the log line?

As well, there's another decision: Should we run the RACC Hall of Fame
this year?  After the low turnout in 2008/2009, it was left fallow;
should a new class be inducted this time around, or should we wait one
more year?

Votes, emailed and posted, will be taken through December 31st.  Feel
free to point out all the obvious things I missed!

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, that's right, log line.