8FOLD/ACRA: Jolt City # 11, Mystery of the Two Green Knights!

Tarq mitchell_crouch at caladrius.com.au
Mon Sep 10 00:42:49 PDT 2007

On Sep 9, 5:36 pm, Tom Russell <milos_par... at yahoo.com> wrote:
>           "MYSTERY OF THE TWO GREEN KNIGHTS!"

Wow. That was really, really great. I picked up on a few grammatical
errors here and there which disrupted the flow a little, but not
enough to stop this from being an amazing story.

The final scene between Martin and Derek, whilst I saw it coming
through most of the story (particularly the landing-silently-in-mud
bit), had to be one of my favourite parts. Throughout the series,
we've seen Martin evolve from a determined loner into a more
accepting, friendly, 'heroic' role -- the passage in the previous
issue when Martin was placed in isolation in Earbox highlighted this.
Seeing Martin take on a sidekick of his own (heck, even just seeing
him sign Darkhorse's cast) adds a lot of warmth to the character, and
even just ending on the word 'sidekick' gives a conclusive feel to not
only this issue, but the entire story.

Kudos on a magnificently executed piece,

~Mitchell.