[REVIEW] End of Month Reviews #40 - April 2007 [spoilers]

Martin Phipps martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Mon May 14 15:17:52 PDT 2007

On May 13, 8:03 pm, "Saxon Brenton" <saxonbren... at hotmail.com> wrote:

>      This month's theme randomly generated by you, the participants of
> rec.arts.comics.creative, is 'people writing far more than their normal
> schedules would lead you to expect'.  The Legion of Net.Heroes writers
> marked the 15th anniversary of the LNH with a month long daily writing
> project, and of these Martin did the lion's share of the work.

Except my parts were short, Rob's parts were long and Arthur's parts
were book length.  I may have written more than you but you also wrote
more than Jaelle or Tarq or Jamas or Tom.  Tom, coming from behind,
wrote enough for Episode 3 that he may have slipped into fifth place
in terms of the total amount posted. :)

> *Then*
> Martin also went and posted eight episodes of _Superfreaks Season 2_.

I think you overlooked Silver Age Superfreaks #5.  SS2 #''s 9-10 were
also posted in early May.

It's scary, I know: each "episode" is written in three parts and I try
to keep each part relatively self contained in so far as they could
conceivably be read separately and still makes sense.  I try to make
each part equal to the length of something I might normally write for
LNH, LNH2 or LNHY.  (The Mathew Almighty issues were similarly divided
into parts.)  So Superfreaks #'s 1-10 would be roughly the length of
the entire Generation Y series.

The reason why I posted as much as I did is frankly, because I watched
four seasons of CSI on DVD recently and I was inspired A LOT.
Frankly, I needed to post when I did while the ideas were still fresh
in my mind.  (Have you ever written down cryptic notes for a story and
then later when you get round to writing it you can't even read your
own handwriting?)

Martin