REVIEW: LNH Comics Presents # 91 (ILC 56)

Martin Phipps martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 28 01:32:05 PDT 2007

On Jun 28, 1:05 pm, Tom Russell <milos_par... at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Actually, what I said was not a "side remark", but rather a vital part
> of the review itself

And yet watch what happens when I remove it.

"Or, to put it another way-- what I really love in an ILC story is
one
that delivers on the promise of the premise: "What if _____ was leader
of the LNH for the day?"  What crazy ideas would they implement, which
personal prejudices would affect their decision-making, what threats
would they face and how would they face them?  Ideally, the way Irony
Man deals with a problem and the way that, say, Special Bonding Boy
deals with it should be vastly different, and each amusing in their
own right.

[...]

"I personally felt that this story didn't deliver on that premise as
much as I would have liked.  It really served as more of a platform to
reintroduce the Acra.Flight characters and get them set up in the main
LNH reality.  I'm not saying that's necessarily a bad thing-- that's
more-or-less what I'm doing with my second ILC story, so I'm not one
to talk."

You would have saved yourself from having to risk slighting anybody at
all and nobody would have even known it had been there.

Martin