LNH: Haiku Gorilla # 322: American Nightmare, Thread Two

Lalo Martins lalo.martins at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 01:58:52 PDT 2007

Also spracht Tom Russell (Mon, 09 Jul 2007 02:39:23 +0000):
> The Senate is now composed of Haiku Gorilla, independent Joe Lieberman,
> and the G.O.P.

Tom,

Thanks for the notes clarifying about the 22nd Amendment.  This series
has been quite enjoyable, although it stole the "most issues in a month"
thunder from 58.5 :-P

However, there are quite a few more references that non-Americans might
not get.  From a quick session of homework:

G.O.P. -- "Grand Old Party", nickname of the Republican Party
Elephants -- Same; the Republican Party's logo is an elephant
Donkeys -- Symbol of the Democratic Party
Potus -- Presidency Of The United States

Which brings sense to the otherwise rather cryptic #316:

> criticism of
> potus: "undue harm"; critics:
> torturers: donkeys

Gringo goes "aaaah"