[REVIEW] End of Month Reviews #47 - November 2007 [spoilers]

Saxon Brenton saxonbrenton at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 3 11:08:23 PST 2007

On Sunday 2 Dec 2007 Lalo Martins replied:
> It would help if people could tell me what they thought of the action
> scenes I did write (Fodder/Kid-N/Green/Hyperbolic Boy vs. thugs, New
> Misfits vs. Lion Pack, Fodder/Kid-N vs. Manhandler, although that one
> was short, and Fodder vs. the poor trainees in #12).

[nods]   Yes.  I've never done that sort of blow by blow, since they
tend to take up a lot of descriotive text, but I've somethimes wondered
about doing more in depth coverage on a story every now and then.

[...]
>> I will quibble, however, as to whether LNH characters could only
>> ever 'properly' access LNH2 and LNHY story settings and are otherwise
>> only crossing over with parallels.  Since authorial approval was
>> included in various LNH/Patrol, LNH/ASH, LNH/Superguy/ LNH/Eleck, and
>> Crossroads/ crossovers (and it's telling how many of them
>> involved Dave Van Domelen) then these crossovers logically involved
>> the originals (and possibly also the appearance of the DC character
>> Impulse, since Poet received permission from Mark Waid for the 'Sudden
>> Impulse' story).
>
> Sorry if you understood it that way; what I meant was "by default".
> All LNH/LNH2 stories can be assumed to be "real" crossovers unless
> otherwise indicated, while all LNH/ASH can be assumed to be "copy"
> crossovers unless there is indication otherwise.

Ah.  So we were talking about the same thing.  Okay.  I'll blame it on
the sugar rush.

> And even then, you may be putting too much weight on the "copy" thing.

That, unfortunately, is far too plausible a possibility.  I used to love
that sort of stuff when we were discussing it on the Torg list, and I
still get carried away with it sometimes.

Oh, and I just discovered that the email system has stripped some of the
my pseudo-emoticon comments from my previous reply to Dvandom because
they were in angled rather than square brackets.  It should have been:
[facecious] You're being greedy Dave.

---
Saxon Brenton   Uni of Technology, city library, Sydney Australia