[REVIEW] End of Month Reviews #32 - August 2006 [spoilers]

Saxon Brenton saxonbrenton at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 2 17:26:22 PDT 2006

On Sat 2 Sept 2006 Dave Van Domelen (dvandom at haven.eyrie.org) replied:
[...]
>       Well, to be accurate about my minor hissy, what I did was post to
>RACC
>through Google Groups about the issue, not to the Yahoo group.

<nods>  Yes, that's what I meant, but I think that minimalist phrasing got
in
the way: A pointer was posted on RACC that led to the issue on the Yahoo
group.  After all the trouble I went to to try and get as precise as
possible
so as to avoid sounding condemnatory in any way, the fact that I found
the necessity of commenting on it distatsteful meant I still made a mistake
in the precison of what I said even if I got thew tone right.

>       As for the boolean overlap, there's also now people who find out
>about
>new ASH issues from my LiveJournal.  Am I widening my audience, or
>balkanizing it?  Hard to say, given that it's pretty small to start with,
>and
>one or two people make for a big percentage.

In doubt if you're balkanising: any lack of overlap would be because changes
in internet technology means that usenet is no longer as prominent as it
once was as a discussion medium comparedto things like discussion boards
(unless I'm way wrong about the demographics of usage?)  I'd say widening
your audinece, and since RACC gets occasional mentions in ASH it's possible
that you're at least making people aware of the usenet group and possibly
even garnering us a new visitor.

---
Saxon Brenton     Uni of Technology, city library, Sydney Australia
     saxon.brenton at uts.edu.au