REVIEW: End of Month Reviews #33 - S...2006 [spoilers]

Martin Phipps martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 16 16:40:29 PDT 2006

Tom Russell wrote:

> Good point; I hadn't thought of that when looking at Superfreaks.  That
> just goes to show how successful you were in portraying events from the
> cops' point of view.

I could just as easily have written a series in which the government
authorities all come across as assholes and the heroes consider then
more of a hindrance than a help.  In fact, Bendis has been writing such
stories for the past two years in New Avengers.  (Hell, that theme
dates back to the introduction of Henry Gyrich back in the seventies it
just wasn't as heavy handed as it's become now.)

Martin