LNH: Onion Lad #9

Tom Russell milos_parker at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 16 07:45:26 PDT 2006

Jesse Willey wrote:

> > I'm Jesse's
> > copy-editor on that series,
>
>   Which reminds me--- Parker, get back to work.   I
> want proof that Spider-Man is a crook on my desk by
> tomorrow morning.

:-)

Jesse, why can't you be this funny in your LNH stories?

> >and I had a very small
> > part in shaping the
> > text of # 4-- something Jesse graciously gave me a
> > by-line for.)
>
>   Small part?   You added about five or six scenes and
> about a million little details to the character.
> It'd have felt wrong to take all the credit when you
> ended up so seriously rewriting it that much.   Martin
> wouldn't know.  Saxon wouldn' know.  Adrian wouldn't
> know.  But you'd know, and I'd know... and it'd make
> me feel like more of a jerk than I normally do.

The text was there.  I just shuffled the scenes around and undercut
some of the scenes that were set up to make Dalton look smarter than
Crystal.  Most of the words are yours-- I just moved them around to the
best effect.  Which is what a good editor-- be it in print or film--
should be doing.

But I thank you for the credit.

--Tom