LNH: Onion Lad #9

Jesse Willey cabbagewielder at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 16 07:29:36 PDT 2006

> And that's great, that tells us who he is and for
> new readers, yes,
> that's important-- but WHO is he talking to?

  Yet it makes sense when She-Hulk, Rick Jones or
Ambush Bug do it.   They have a special power to
explain it.

> This is very true, and it's one of the reasons I'm
> enjoying ADVENTURES
> BEYOND COMPREHENSION: the first person in that case
> is use as a
> unifying feature, and scenes move nicely from one to
> the other.  (The
> only reason why I'm not reviewing them is because
> I'm Jesse's
> copy-editor on that series,

  Which reminds me--- Parker, get back to work.   I
want proof that Spider-Man is a crook on my desk by
tomorrow morning.

>and I had a very small
> part in shaping the
> text of # 4-- something Jesse graciously gave me a
> by-line for.)

  Small part?   You added about five or six scenes and
about a million little details to the character.
It'd have felt wrong to take all the credit when you
ended up so seriously rewriting it that much.   Martin
wouldn't know.  Saxon wouldn' know.  Adrian wouldn't
know.  But you'd know, and I'd know... and it'd make
me feel like more of a jerk than I normally do.