[NEW/LNH] Saviors of the Net #12.5: 'A <click> within the Darkness'

saxon.brenton at uts.edu.au saxon.brenton at uts.edu.au
Sun Jun 4 09:05:05 PDT 2006

Mooshing a couple of replies together:

On 1st June 2006 Arthur Spitzer wrote:
[...]
> Out of this, two races of Posters came into being.  The Net.Gods
> and The Net.Trolls.  They divided the Net into many different parts.

Hmm, now there's an idea. You're talking about a totally different
group of entities of course, but it might be amusing, the next time
Flipseid or his minions turns up, to have them referred to as not just
the Dark Net.Gods of the Fourth World but also as the Net.Trolls of
the Fourth World.  Flipseid would be coldly disdainful of using or
even acknowledging the latter epithet, but it would be there just the
same, and Fearless Leader could get in a good Captain America-style
taunt-the-villain-into-making-a-mistake with it.

Later, in reply to Tom Russell, Arthur wrote:
[...]
>> Arthur Spitzer just wrote a NEW ISSUE OF THE SAVIOURS OF THE NET!
>> ...Even if he can't spell saviours correctly. :-P
>
> I'm an American, Tom.  We're the only people in the world that
> spell words like Savior, Humor, Color, Armor, and Savor correctly.
>
> Unless I'm mistaken didn't you used to be an American, Tom?
>
> When did you become Canadian Spelling Guy?
>  :-P

That may be my fault (although I don't remember sticking him in the
brainwash-o-tron and hitting the button marked 'rinse'; maybe it
was Skippy, the evil cyborg clone from the alternate future of a
parallel anti-matter universe...).  You may recall that I was the one
who kept (mis)spelling 'Saviors' with a 'u' after the series title had
been set, but I have no idea why a USAer would want to follow up
on that particular running joke.

---
Saxon Brenton     Uni of Technology, city library, Sydney Australia
     saxon.brenton at uts.edu.au