LNH/META: Self-Righteous Preacher

Tom Russell milos_parker at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 2 07:04:49 PDT 2006

>From an exchange in CUTE ANNA CRYPT LOOTER # 6--

>  Self-Righteous Preacher went over to
> speak to Master Blaster.  "You never
> said you were Catholic," he said.
>  "You didn't ask."
>  "Why don't you ever attend my services?"

-- it's implied that Self-Righteous Preacher is, himself, Catholic.
I've always seen him more on the American Religious Right-- that whole
Protestant/Southern Baptist/Tent Revival tradition which, at times, can
be down-right distrustful of the Catholic Church (though not as much
recently).  And, you know, he is Self-Righteous Preacher, not
Self-Righteous Deacon or Self-Righteous Father.

Are there any other stories I might be missing where SRP's denomination
is specified or implied?  Basically, the story I have in mind has him
meeting either the Pope or an Archangel (both of which I think have
equal comic potential), and the question of Catholic/Protestant is the
one that would tip it one way or the other.

Thanks!

--Tom