[REVIEW] End of Month Reviews #24 - December 2005 [spoilers]

Dave Van Domelen dvandom at haven.eyrie.org
Tue Jan 3 23:33:50 PST 2006

In article <BAY106-F27CBF3529DA80ADBED3230CA2C0 at phx.gbl>,
Saxon Brenton <saxonbrenton at hotmail.com> wrote:
>Academy Of Super-Heroes #63-64
>'The Land Of Nod'  and  'Years End'
>An Academy of Super-Heroes [ASH] series
>by Dave Van Domelon
>
>     In issue 63 the North American Combine finally made arrangements
>to investigate the situation on Venus, which contrasts ironically with
>the fact that various other groups have already arrived and are either
>setting up camp or - in the case of the Galactic Warrior corps observer -
>sending reports back to their superiors.

     Not too ironic, really.  They acted pretty quickly given that they found
out Something Was Up when the planet's appearance in telescope changed.  :)
Khadam found out about Montreal way back in CSV #25, and Q'Nos thanks to
Simon's scrying.  Veturna was actually there in part at the behest of the NAC
(and the EU, etc), she just had the ability to take off on a scouting mission
with minimal prep.  Meanwhile, neither China nor the Moslem Confederation has
made any sort of move yet, nor has the EU done so beyond their UW
involvement.

>     Despite the rhetoric at the end of issue 62, I didn't find
>Timeslip's mission to be particularly surprising, although the venue and

     Yeah, most obvious mystery ever.  I did change the details later on (the
original plan was pretty much the timeline he was preventing, but without the
Milwaukee disaster...just teach the kid to control his power), finding a more
dramatic way of doing things, but I avoided the temptation to Monarch it and
make him someone completely different because he'd been sussed.

>(which in the interests of full disclosure I'll say runs off on a tangent
>from an email discussion I had with Dave a few months back): isn't that
>supposed to be the Stranger's/Dvandom Stranger's/whatever-he's-called-in-
>this-universe's job?

     Maybe that guy got vanished in 1998.  Or maybe we've seen him, just not
under an obvious name.  Or maybe he has yet to show up.  :)

     Dave Van Domelen, was hoping to get at least a comment on the point that
he actually put out an LNH story this year....