[RACCies/LNH/LNH2/LNHY] Looniverse RACCies Eligibles for 2005

Saxon Brenton saxonbrenton at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 30 16:44:31 PST 2005

On Tuesday 29 Nov 2005 Jamas Enright <thad at eyrie.org> commented:

>Note to anyone who reads this and cares: I'm going to call for the ACCIES
>to be dropped. There is too much overlap with the rACCIES, given that there
>are so few other stories posted outside of the LNH that the LNH stories
>dominate the rACCIES anyway making for duplicated awards. Pointless Awards
>Man may like this situation, but we have a hard enough time drumming up
>votes in the first place...

I am not adverse to that option.  In fact, I'm pretty sure that this is an
idea that occurred to me after I crunched the numbers on the previous
RACCies votes and saw how deeply the voting trends overlap, and which
we then discussed together during our meeting ealier this year when we
were otherwise plotting out War Without Worlds.

However, in the interests of fainess and devil's advocacy: is there anyone
who wishes to promote the retention of a separate ACCies vote and has
a line of argument to back it up?

---
Saxon Brenton    Uni of Technology, city library, Sydney Australia
saxon.brenton at uts.edu.au     saxonbrenton at hotmail.com