[REVIEW] End of Month Reviews #17 - May 2005 [spoilers]

Jamie Rosen jamie.rosen at sunlife.com
Mon Jun 6 11:35:15 PDT 2005

>     By happenstance I finally got around to reading Borges' 'Tlon, Uqbar,
>Orbis Tertius' last year, so I immediately recognised the reference but
>at first thought it to be *only* a passing reference. Then Amelia made a
>point of briefly summarising the plot of the story, giving greater
>significance to both Borges' story itself and the ideas expressed within
>it. Finally, the red coats seem to hearken back to the 'great long, red-
>legged scissor-man' from Grant Morrison's Doom Patrol run when he
>pastiched it as Orqwith.

I hadn't thought of that last point, actually, which is funny, because
I definitely had Orqwith in mind while I was writing this -- hence the
comment Billy makes that Borges's story "sounds like something I read
in a comic book once."

I read Borges' stories long before I 'discovered' Grant Morrison, and
even longer before I read the Orqwith story, so in a sense it's a
response to the response.