[REVIEW] End of Month Reviews #17 - May 2005 [spoilers]

Tim Munn drtimphd at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 22:07:40 PDT 2005

Obsessive personalities or not, I liked the idea of a super-hero that
had the guts to wear his underpants on his head, though in Pointless
Posting Man's case, unwillingly or otherwise.

<snip>Trippy story.</snip>

Yeah, this story was partially based off of a dream I had.  The
spontanaety was off as I pointed out in my Author's Note, and I think
that truly affected this story.  The Radical Librarians backstory was
not fleshed out enough, and they were the major villainous group in the
issue.

<snip> About the only thing more that I could ask for is a reason
for why the Radical Librarians are doing this (even, 'Because we
CAN!!!'
would be enough) and was he targeted in particular?</snip>

He did receive an e-mail from them...  perhaps from an e-mail
unabomber??  I'll let the readers decide.

The Radical Librarians are pretty much, at least in my mind, like
Environmental Terrorists like ELF.  They fight for a cause which they
think is good, but most other people think is hokey.  (I like the
environment.)  One could probably say that that portion of the story is
about the switchover from books to e-books and its effects on society.

It would have been better to have explained these things in Pointless
Posting Man #4 than here.

Tim Munn