[LNH] Vel #-5

Jesse Willey cabbagewielder at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 6 12:44:46 PDT 2004

--- Alaric <alaricmc at btinternet.com> wrote:
> Dorf works well as an alienated token, and I do get
> involved with the
> character.

  Vel is his name... Dorf is part of his cultural
heritage.  Calling him Dorf would be the same as
someone calling you human.

> More needed, I think, on the notion that
> he's regarded as dangerous.

  Like many titles on the newsgroup, it's serialized.
I'm not really one for giving everything away in part
one.  Patience is a virtue.  In my last series, The
Team, sometimes I would wait 5-6 issues before
revealing more about some of the subplots.  Drove most
people nuts.  Be greatful that you only have to wait
untill issue #-4.  To me, a first issue should be used
to get the characters introduced and the plot rolling
just ever so little.

  As for why I started with#-5?  Well, I had a
storyline that I knew would take six issues.  I
thought if people liked it, I'd do it regularly while
I had the time.  Vel first made appearances in Flame
Wars VI (which also started with negative numbers).
So, instead of doing Vel #1-6 and then restarting
again with another #1 (like the real comic companies
do) I decided I would write #-5-#0.   Then maybe turn
it into a regular later.