[NNTP] Re: GenART reviews of draft-ietf-nntpext-tls-nntp-07 and draft-ietf-nntpext-authinfo-09

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Sat Jul 23 05:30:35 PDT 2005

Lakshminath Dondeti wrote:

> <nit> RFC 2222 is in normative and informative references' sections in
> the authinfo I-D.  Is that intended? </nit>

RFC 2222 currently includes the description of SASL/GSSAPI, but the
update to RFC 2222 will not, SASL/GSSAPI will be its own document.  So,
the informative reference to RFC 2222 is there as a placeholder for the
separate SASL/GSSAPI document when its published.  Perhaps this is the
wrong way to handle this.  Any suggestions?

> <edit>Page 9, third paragraph from the bottom, last sentence of the
> -tls- I-D: "Furthermore, just because an NNTP server can authenticate
> ..." is not clear, and may be incorrect: articles *from* the NNTP client
> ... when the client *received* them.  Please correct/clarify that
> sentence. </edit>

This was taken almost verbatim from RFC 3207.  I'll see if I can rewrod it.

> <edit>  Please insert a "to" after the word "extension" in the abstract
> of -authinfo- ID.  </edit>

Done.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127