[NNTP] Extension snapshots 3

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Mon Jan 31 14:50:02 PST 2005

On Jan 31, 2005, at 10:42 AM, Ken Murchison wrote:

> "If a server supports the MODE STREAM, CHECK, and TAKETHIS commands it
> MUST return a 203 response to the MODE STREAM command (or 501 if an
> argument is given) and MUST NOT have any other effect.

There's something askew grammatically there (the implicit subject of
the last clause is "a server," but the verb is "have").  I tried
rephrasing:

"If a server supports the MODE STREAM, CHECK, and TAKETHIS commands, it
MUST return a 203 response to the MODE STREAM command (or 501 if an
argument is given), [but / and] the command MUST NOT have any other
effect."

But that's a little awkward regardless of if I use "but" or "and"?  I'm
having trouble with this one.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org