[NNTP] Re: MODE READER

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Wed Nov 10 10:40:19 PST 2004

> As long as readers can still advertise transit commands and vice versa,
> I think that sounds great.  And that would let us introduce 433 in a
> more comprehensive fashion and maybe push people a little towards using
> that in situations where MODE READER is currently used.

One thing that I do want to add here, though, is that we don't want to go
down the path of making too many changes, and this is borderline -- it
sort of deals with the LIST EXTENSIONS stuff we're working on, but also
goes a little bit beyond it.

In other words, we have to be careful not to reopen too much, although if
we can make this part clearer, maybe that would be worthwhile.