[NNTP] Extension docs snapshots

Clive D.W. Feather clive at demon.net
Thu Dec 2 02:59:34 PST 2004

Russ Allbery said:
> That would also be fine with MODE STREAM, but the difference with MODE
> STREAM is that a client that sends it is likely to send nothing other than
> CHECK, TAKETHIS, and QUIT commands for the whole rest of the session, and
> none of those make sense to pipeline with MODE STREAM.

Nevertheless, as I've already said, that's not a reason to forbid it.

If we do forbid it, ten years down the line some idiot will come up with an
implementation that relies on it being forbidden. I'd rather not leave that
hostage to fortune.

[If you say that no such idiot will appear, that's just proving that
there's no need for the prohibition.]