ietf-nntp LIST EXTENSION caching, latest wording

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Mon Oct 13 03:45:59 PDT 2003

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, Clive D.W. Feather wrote:

Mmm, improving.  Some pedantry --

>    While some extensions are likely to be always available or never
>    available, others will "appear" and "disappear" depending on other
>    changes.

"other changes" is awkward/confusing, can you rephrase more precisely?

>   An NNTP client may cache the results of this command, but
>    MUST NOT rely on any cached results - whether from earlier in this
>    session or from a previous session - remaining correct,

The interjected phrase there surprises my mental parser, what about "but
MUST NOT rely on the correctness of any cached results" so the whole
phrase is together?

>    Furthermore, a client MUST NOT use cached results in
>    relation to security, privacy, and authentication extensions. See
>    Section 11.6 for further discussion of this topic.

Wait, how does this interact with the "earlier in this session" above?

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org