[ietf-nntp] OVER message-id

Charles Lindsey chl at clerew.man.ac.uk
Wed Dec 24 09:13:06 PST 2003

In <20031223150122.GQ32880 at finch-staff-1.thus.net> "Clive D.W. Feather" <clive at demon.net> writes:

>Ken Murchison said:
>>
>> OVER+       or
>> OVER +MSGID

>I wasn't even going to propose that. Simply say that the OVER <msgid> is
>optional; it MAY return 501, but if not MUST behave as described.

Yes, I think that is the neatest solution (because we want to record the
_proper_ way to do it, to prevent people doing it the "wrong" way).

DO you want a parameter in the LIST EXTENSIONS result to say whether it is
implemented, or do you just try it and see whether you get a 5xx response?

Email: chl at clerew.man.ac.uk      Snail: 5 Clerewood Ave, CHEADLE, SK8 3JU, U.K.