[ietf-nntp] OVER message-id

Clive D.W. Feather clive at demon.net
Mon Dec 29 02:17:02 PST 2003

Charles Lindsey said:
>> I wasn't even going to propose that. Simply say that the OVER <msgid> is
>> optional; it MAY return 501, but if not MUST behave as described.
> Yes, I think that is the neatest solution (because we want to record the
> _proper_ way to do it, to prevent people doing it the "wrong" way).

That was my thinking. I've now written appropriate wording.

> DO you want a parameter in the LIST EXTENSIONS result to say whether it is
> implemented, or do you just try it and see whether you get a 5xx response?

I'm not bothered either way; I'll accept whatever the consensus is.

Internet Expert     | Home:  <clive at davros.org>  | *** NOTE CHANGE ***
Demon Internet      | WWW: http://www.davros.org | Fax:    +44 870 051 9937
Thus plc            |                            | Mobile: +44 7973 377646