ietf-nntp HDR

Charles Lindsey chl at clw.cs.man.ac.uk
Sat Jan 5 11:49:30 PST 2002

In <B85BD212.2EFB%ade at lovett.com> Ade Lovett <ade at lovett.com> writes:

>No.  You don't.  HDR should be intrinsically linked to LIST OVERVIEW.FMT, we
>are providing this short-form command (HDR) to get individual items that
>make more sense that getting the entire header (HEAD) and grabbing the bits
>you need.

No, HDR SHOULD return any requested header that is actually present in the
article. However, we have agreed that it MAY decline to return any header
not mentioned in OVERVIEW.FMT, provided we can think of a suitable
response code for this situation.

Also, it SHOULD remove any folding and TAB characters in the same way that
OVER does.

My undertstanding is that Russ is about to propose some new wording.

Email: chl at clw.cs.man.ac.uk      Snail: 5 Clerewood Ave, CHEADLE, SK8 3JU, U.K.