ietf-nntp HDR

Clive D.W. Feather clive at demon.net
Mon Jan 7 02:03:46 PST 2002

Russ Allbery said:
>> No.  You don't.  HDR should be intrinsically linked to LIST
>> OVERVIEW.FMT,

Why ?

> XHDR was not linked to overview in most implementations, only in some.  I
> don't see a reason to unnecessarily limit HDR compared XHDR.

Agreed.

I proposed wording that said, in effect, "a HDR implementation MAY handle
any header it likes, but (if the OVER extension is available) it MUST
handle all the headers in OVERVIEW.FMT". Does anyone think that's a good or
bad idea ?

--
Clive D.W. Feather  | Work:  <clive at demon.net>   | Tel:  +44 20 8371 1138
Internet Expert     | Home:  <clive at davros.org>  | Fax:  +44 20 8371 4037